06 December 2006
hello hello. i am officially the worst blogger ever. it turns out that when there is actually enough work to do at work, then i don't have enough time to post. funny how that works, eh?
anyhoo, tons has happened since my last post.
1. i am officially 26, which means (as the big gq likes to emphasize) that i need to round up to thirty. hats off to that!
2. thanksgiving, for you miss meggy, happened at my dad's house. 20 people? i'm not sure. the day before i had a stomach virus. can you believe it? so, the thanksgiving meal was extra-delicious due to my near-starvation status. unfortunately, grammie couldn't come due to needing to go to the hospital. she is ok, but fell and hurt her hip. here's a good grammie story: she has been noticing that there are lots of oak leaves in her pond. like, lots of oak leaves. so, she has figured out that someone must be putting all of their oak leaves into her pond. this is something that she does not support. so, how does she solve this problem? well, call the cops, of course! oh, grammie. (i'm sure that you sane people out there realize that no one is putting leaves in her pond, and that she is just a bit, well, less-than-sane sometimes.)
3. secret pal. i've been awful at this. turns out that the end of the calendar year is incredibly busy in a non-profit. so, my attention has been there. i'm sorry to disappoint you all. i feel the necessary amounts of guilt, don't worry.
4. next week i am doing a craft fair in portland, me, if anyone's around. happy hour and crafts at una martini bar, 5-8 o'clock on the 11th of december. come one, come all! cosmos and 1970s style wrist cuffs... need i say more?
5. my job is still iffy. turns out, i've got a little too much brain to be running this particular operation. like, i am not all that great at monotony. and, this job will have some great opportunities to be creative and smart, once i pan off the mundane stuff on another employee. watch out! i am aiming to be back in new york in 12 or 13 months. who can tell, though?
6. the littles. charming as always, but bingo is itchy. this frontline business is not working so well. i'm going to get him a cone, another photo to watch for. ha. bingo in a cone.
7. in tres sad news, marmar's "orange man", seymour, aka mr. pants had to be put down. she is distraught, of course. which is another reason to come have a cocktail at una next week!
8. and, christmas is almost here! wowza. i've gotta do some planning, eh?
that's all for now. i'm going to be better about this starting next week, i hope. the job will slow back to its normal pace, and i'll be able to keep my wits about me.
Posted by annie at 3:06 PM